Thursday, April 16, 2015

Wherever You Are My Love Will Find You

I adore WHEREVER YOU ARE MY LOVE WILL FIND YOU by Nancy Tillman. We own this picture book, which dolphin copy was featured in a photo with my sleeping K in this blog post. (We also once owned IT'S TIME TO SLEEP MY LOVE which has since been borrowed, lost, or has fallen apart. Sad to say, we love books, but sometimes my kids literally love them to pieces. And I feel like we've repeatedly read ON THE NIGHT YOU WERE BORN which probably means my mother-in-law owns it.)

Nancy Tillman's books are written in verse, both beautiful and lyrical. Her pictures are reminiscent of childhood but also filled with fantasy, whimsy, and magic. Many of her pictures feature a child interacting with animals whether it be dancing, playing, jumping, sitting... The expressions of love in this book are precious and written in second person. Read aloud, it's a statement of love from the reader to the child, which makes it a perfect bedtime story with your little one snuggled in your arms.



My love is so high, and so wide and so deep, it's always right there, even when you're asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment