Friday, April 24, 2015

A Truly Beautiful Place

Recently, I spoke with a friend of mine about questions in my personal life, questions that needed answers. She asked me if I'd gone to the the temple. I'm sorry to say I hadn't thought of it before she brought it up. But she was right. I attend the temple for spiritual enrichment, to receive blessings, to make promises, and to participate in special ordinances. But the temple is also a refuge from uncertainty. It's a place to go for answers that I seek. I've spent many reflective hours in the temple, particularly during college when my time was one hundred percent my own. Tomorrow I will attend the temple, and I truly believe I will come out with a clearer mind and a clearer direction.


The St. Louis Temple, where my husband and I were sealed for time and all eternity almost eleven years ago. Photo from lds.org

If you'd like to learn more about our temples, you may want to read this.



No comments:

Post a Comment