Monday, July 2, 2012

I Made a Human!

I love that moment right after birth. That moment the doctor hands you your newly born babe, just before she screams all that blue off her skin. And as she pinks up and the nurse rubs her dry, the miracle of what just happened really seeps into you. What you just did...created life. It's amazing.

My newest was born about ten days ago. Now we are home and this little person has turned everything upside down and inside out. But it's all worth it because she smiles when she sleeps and smells like newborn. She has big hands and big feet and long, long limbs, so I call her Monkey. Unlike a monkey, however, she doesn't throw poo. Yet.

Of course we are all exhausted, but my mom flew in two days ago so I'm beginning to remember what normal feels like. And I am also mastering one-handed typing. Like right now.

And on a non-baby note, I am participating in Lindsey Leavitt's blog tour for her newest release Farewell to Charms, which doesn't smell as nice as my baby but is very good. That's Friday. Now to go burp and change and other newborn things.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! She is beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute. Congrats and enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon she'll be big enough to wear baby clothes from Canada. Pink baby clothes.

      Delete
  3. She's already checking things out. Congratulations on your little beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! She's gorgeous! I'm having my first in October. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for you, Jade! Babies are hard, but worth every minute. And then you want those minutes back.

      Delete
  5. WOW!!! YOU MADE A HUMAN!!! That is awesome!! I never, ever get tired of the idea of that miracle. Congrats on another "the most amazing thing ever." :) She is so beautiful and precious and small. I wish I could come over and hold her and bury my face in her new baby smell and let you go take a nap.

    Thanks for sharing this moment with us. Best wishes for your entire family as you adjust to the newness of this all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi. Really, Texas isn't THAT far away, is it? If you come over and hold my newborn, I'll make you cookies after my nap.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, Jessie! She's beautiful! She looks the most like your husband out of your three! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete