Heidi passed on the Kreativ Blogger award to me, and so I must list 10 interesting thing about myself. And since it is Valentine's Day...
Ten Things I Love That Are Interesting
1. I love my husband. We do not celebrate Valentine's Day on Valentine's Day as a rule, however. The restaurants are much less crowded a few days later. We are going out Friday night, and I'm going to order DESSERT! (I mean, how often do you really order dessert when you go out to eat? Me? Never.) (And since I'm pregnant, maybe I'll order two.)
2. I love my son. He always asks long and intricate questions that require long and intricate answers...and sometimes at night, after tuck-ins and lights-out. So I sit down at his bedside and explain life to him in a smooth and loving voice....Okay, last night I said, "Let's have this conversation tomorrow." (The other day, I had to explain the nervous system to him.)
3. I love my daughter. My daughter is finally figuring out the talking thing. (Both my kids are late walkers, talkers, potty-trainers, etc. But both are extraordinarily intelligent.) Her new favorite words are "No" and "Go" which she uses in a loud screech like this: "No, Mama. Go. Go. Go, Mama. No." Usually when she is doing something naughty. Which is 27 times a day.
4. I love Jane Austen. I got sick a couple weekends ago and read Sense and Sensibility for the fifth-ish time. And then Jane Austen started narrating my life to me in my head. My life in her witty, elegant British voice sounds much more interesting than I could make it. Oh, Jane.
5. I love beautiful weather. We've had a few cold days in South Texas lately, but today was seventies and breezy and nice. Funny how spoiled I get. I used to live in Kansas where a forty or fifty degree day in February was a treat. Here, I hunker down inside and scowl at the Evil, Cold Outside World.
6. I love my book. I've been taking a break, but have been rewriting sections as they come to me. I intend to start a big read-through any day now and start taking notes on what needs changing. This book has been kind of a joy to write. We'll see if I can say the same thing about editing.
7. I love libraries and bookstores and checking blogs and New Ideas and Words and all the things that make us who we are as writers and book-lovers.
8. I love the Cooking Channel and Food Network. It's my happy place on TV. And there is something about the chopping of vegetables perfectly with a sharp knife that is just so...relaxing. Not when I chop vegetables. That's not relaxing. And then sometimes I cut myself. That's not relaxing either.
9. I love checking things off in my planner. Then at the end of the day I can look back at all my check marks. Sometimes I add things that I already did and then check them off...just so I can have more check marks. This is normal behavior, I'm sure.
10. I love a clean house. And the dream of one day being able to afford to pay somebody that is not me to come in and clean my house. In fact, whoever that person, is...I love that person, too.
Happy Valentine's Day