Monday, November 7, 2011

Good Morning to You

Today is the first day of Wake Up and Write. I didn't wake up early once last week. I was very lazy, and so this week is a perfect restart for me. Of course, I was a little worried about the whole Daylight Savings thing, and that my children's internal clocks would be confused. However, they are still asleep, and I managed to write an hour already this morning. 575 words.

I had a dream last night that one of my blog friends (who? I'm not telling) commented on my blog, that they are tired of hearing about my book. That it is BORING them. And to finish it up already! Maybe this happened because last night my husband asked me if I still plan on finishing my book by October 31st. (Ha. Ha.) But I know that I'm in the home stretch. Things are wrapping up in Pirate-land, and it makes me happy.

Now my son is awake, lying on the floor, preparing to rouse me with his morning whinage. There are five or six others who are participating in waking up early this week. Tell me? How did it go this morning???

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could say I was as successful as you, but I suppose the fact that I knew I couldn't be was what made me not join your morning party.

    Three days this week my kids have off (including today) and they were all up early because of daylight savings. I don't anticipate getting much writing done, which is a shame since I have a deadline on Monday, and another the Monday after that.

    Mommy may need to spike someone's cereal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacqueline-Thanks for the words of encouragement! And for stopping by!

    Heidi-The party isn't the same without you. But I understand. Those nasty kids. If you mess with their cereal, I won't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My alarm didn't go off, but I still got up at 6:30 and wrote about 800 words before I had to get my kids up. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon-It's okay! I'm getting a feeling that most people aren't morning people!

    Myrna and Patti-Keep going! And Patti, I'd be HAPPY to give you a morning wake up call:)

    ReplyDelete