Monday, September 12, 2011

Jummers and Little

So there are times when I try to be unique and do things my own way. And there are other times that I know I must join in, and well...writing "my son" and "my daughter" is just not cutting it for me anymore. And so, from now on they will be called by their real-life nicknames (because I don't like putting real-life names out there, but if in the end I am ever published and I decide to dedicate a book to them, their real-life names will be out there anyway). So...

My son is Jummers, short for Jumbo, because when he was a baby he was HUGE. Like rolls of fat up and down his arms HUGE. Like he was from another species of human HUGE. He was always at the top of the charts, and at one point off of them. Now, five years later, he is mostly tall which my husband anticipates will lead to a successful and happy career in college basketball. Jummers loves Legos and playing with his cousins, and I think he might have more cousins than Legos. Sometimes he wants to type on my computer so he can write his book. Not sure where he ever got that idea...

My daughter is Little because genes are funny and gave me this petite, little thing that squeaks instead of talks and screams instead of argues. Gosh she's cute, and she just passed the 21-month mark. She also likes playing with her brother's Legos, and usually much screaming follows. She LOVES cereal, and is always getting into the cereal cupboard. And she always runs away from me when I tell her to "come here." Well, actually she's really naughty, but when you are squeaky and little you can get away with it.

I wish they stayed like this forever. Any tips on keeping my children from growing up?


11 comments:

  1. Love the nick names! Yes, I bet tired of the My daughter, my son thing for myself too. Who knows, maybe I'll copy you some day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, cute nicknames. I have like five per kid. Apparently, I'm a big nickname fan.

    Sometimes I call my baby girl "Pudge," but only because she has the pudgiest cheeks! Still, I'm sure she won't be too grateful to have ever been called that. I swear I'll stop when she's older. (Probably.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon-I'm going to bottle it, and then probably sell it for a million dollars. But my blogger friends will have a special discount.

    Janet-I copied like 57 people. (Really, I counted.) (Not really.) Then I'm looking forward to seeing your Names.

    Renee-Ah! Pudge! I love it. But you're right, when your daughter is fifteen she might not. Unless in the future, pudgy cheeks are in. The might be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! Just keep doing what your doing, enjoying the moments. Mine are now just out of high school on to another stage to cherish (and groan at sometimes too)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay. Jummers and Little. Love the names. Jummers can be a basketball star and write and book: From Jimmer to Jummers. I hope you enjoyed your summer in the heat. We should chat and catch up. I need some pages to crit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn-I can't imagine them ever being old enough to wipe themselves, much less go to college. You are scaring me.

    Lois-I'll send you something soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, so cute! My 4-year old has told me that she has to grow up to be a Mommy because she will have to be much taller first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great nick names.

    I have no idea how to stop kids from growing, when you find out let me know as my sons have now surpassed their dad in height.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla-Is that what it takes to be a mom? Tallness? Poor short moms.

    Matthew-Well, I'll have to thank that Janet. Nice to meet you, too.

    Patti-I think my son will surpass us both one day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are great names - especially Jummers! It sounds like our daughters are really close in age. 'Sunshine' (I use nicknames online, too!) is just over 19 months. They really are cute at this age, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Caryn-"Sunshine" is great. And she is so cute, she can do no wrong. Even when she does.

    ReplyDelete