Monday, June 20, 2011

Tag I'm It

I've been tagged by Janet Johnson and Katie Dodge, and given awards by Carla Jansen. To be really difficult I am combining the answering-of-questions and stating-of-random-facts. This means my post will flow in a very sensical matter, much like my books.

Do you think you are hot?

It is 100 degrees in Texas right now. Yes.

I ate lamb for the first time on my birthday. I hated it. It tastes like a sweaty man smells.

Upload a picture you are using as wall paper right now.

It is a picture of my family. I stopped posting my kids online, but they are cute. Very cute. The picture of me is not so cute because I am thinking about how my son, although cute, is being very, very naughty.

I am pregnant. I want more naughty, naughty children. LOTS of them. (What? You think I should have put this little number into its own blog post?)

When was the last time you ate chicken?

I am making chicken RIGHT NOW. Cooking and blogging at the same time? I'll have you know that my chicken is not burnt...yet.

There is a fly in my kitchen right now (but not on my chicken), and it is driving me nuts, NUTS I TELL YOU.

The song(s) you listened to recently.

Those of you who know me already know that I am not a big music listener. However, I have been listening to a CD mix of Enya, Coldplay, and Lord of the Rings when I drive. If my kids scream, I turn it up and they stop. It's magic.

I recently started watching Lost on Netflix. I'd never seen a single episode before this weekend. Why oh why did I start it?

What are you thinking while you are doing this?

I'm thinking of all the things I have to do before we leave for Kansas on Wednesday. I'll be there for three weeks visiting my family. We are very excited. (I mean, it's KANSAS for goodness sakes. Who wouldn't be excited?)

I have this crazy, irrational fear of a plane falling from the sky and landing on my house.

Do you have nicknames? What are they?

My parents called me "Honey Buns" when I was little. This began when I'd look them in the eye, prior to a spanking, and say..."You aren't going to spank me, Honey Buns?" My friends called me Sunshine in high school. No nickname now, unless MOMMMMMM counts.

It's time for dinner: chicken with a balsamic, mushroom cream sauce and proscuitto-wrapped asparagus. I am very unpredictable. Last week it was English Muffins and sausage.

(If you are reading my blog I tag you and award you all sorts of wonderful things.)

(Also, if you want to know a fertility secret, read Patti's blog post today.)

8 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Love it! So glad you finally posted. And I wish you lived closer so I could come over for dinner...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh. :) This seems so... you. In all the best of ways.

    So you are having a baby??? And this is how you hide it??? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I am SOOOOO happy for you!!! And I wont' even spoil it by telling you how exponentially more difficult a third makes life. :)

    I don't want to be tagged, since I can't even blog post on my own, so I'm rubber and glue and what you say bounces off of me and sticks to you. Tag your it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dinner sounds amazing, you need to send me the receipe. And I could never live in Texas because 25 degrees celsius (I think that's around 70) is hot enough for me.

    SO excited about the new baby. Hope your feeling okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're pregnant!? CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope you're feeling okay! My pregnancies suck! lol :)
    Honey Buns. Cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS on the baby!!
    You're SO hilarious.

    Also - you could not like living at my house - we're 1/2 mile from the end of a small place runway and have planes RIGHT over our house ALL THE TIME. I love it. The kids love it. We all love it, except for the stupid helicopter which flies late at night and apparently needs his spotlight to find his way to the stupid airport ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the new little honey bun in the oven (I know that was lame, but some days it's really too much effort to be clever).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie-You are invited. My family didn't care for my proscuitto-wrapped asparagus last night. It was too smelly.

    Heidi-You are supposed to tell me how easy number three is! Now don't come back until you are ready to lie to me. (Although I suppose technically you didn't tell me.)

    Patti-Canada sounds perfect right now. I'll be halfway there this week.

    Chantele-My second pregnancy was difficult. So far this one is much like my first. Maybe that means I'll have a boy...

    Jolene-I used to live pretty close to an airport and at night, when a plane would fly over the house, I'd BRACE myself for the inevitable.

    Candice-That's why I don't blog as much anymore. Being clever is just so much work.

    Corey-Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the good news!! How exciting.

    100 is pretty hot. And what a cute nickname. :)

    ReplyDelete