Thursday, May 19, 2011

I Do Not Like Them Sam I Am

As you can probably tell by the title, this post is about a book deal, a contest, and a good cause. (Well, it's obvious, isn't it?)

First in line (and I know I'm a little late to the announcing game)...Kasie West, one of my first blogger friends and the best nemesis a girl can have, has a two-book deal with HarperTeen!!! She signed with her agent, Michelle Wolfson, only three months ago and already has a book deal. And with HarperTeen!!! (But I think I already mentioned that.)

Also, the MMW Totally Cliche Contest is winding to a close. You still have until May 31 to submit your Totally Cliche short story for our e-book anthology. You can find more details, such as prizes!, by clicking the button on my sidebar.

AND...to close on a sad but hopeful note: MMW and author Cheri Chesley is donating all her royalties made on her e-books (Peasant Queen, Wild Queen, and Ghost Bride) through August 31 to a friend recently diagnosed with cancer. I am very excited to read Peasant Queen, and what better motive than to help someone out? See here for more details.

Have great weekend :)

3 comments:

  1. Michelle Wolfson seems to have an in at HarperTeen, doesn't she? I'm excited to see what Kasie's two books will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Kasie! I love seeing success stories, especially for people I've seen around the blogosphere for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myrna-I know! Michelle is on fire. (See how I refer to her on a first name basis because of our personal relationship? I wish.)

    Heidi-I agree-success stories like these always keep me going.

    ReplyDelete