Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Honorable Mention!!

This is the first chance I've had to sit down and post a "Woo-eee!!! I got an honorable mention in Nathan Bransford's first paragraph contest!" Actually, I'm a little more excited that Nathan Bransford actually sat down and typed my name in a blog post (among others, but still...)

Anyway, thank you to those that congratulated me already. It is the perfect news to a crazy week. We made it out of Kansas. In fact, the cold chased us out a day early, and somehow managed to follow us to Texas. Really, my in-laws blame me for this insanely cold Texas weather. Now we are waiting for the movers, but while we wait a variety of viruses decided to attack each member of my family. See what I mean by crazy? Yes, this contest news was quite the ray of sunshine.

Head on over to Nathan's blog and vote for your favorite finalist! And I'll be back when life is healthy and normal again. :)

9 comments:

  1. Congrats, Jessie!!! On the contest and on making it out of Kansas. :) Sorry that you guys have been sick - ugh! But you are right about that news definitely being a bright spot. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that you were a finalist!!! Too cool! Congrats. :-) And sorry about the viruses. My kids have been battling fevers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here it is...YOUR YEAR! What a great way to start it!

    Congratulations!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a great first paragraph. Hope you get settled into your new home and warm weather finds you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your name and was pumped for you. :) That's huge! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations--on the contest and the move! Now if we could just get this ridiculous weather out of Texas!

    ~Carla
    carla-jansen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! That's AWESOME!! I don't visit Nathan's blog very much anymore, but I know what a HUGE thing that is! I'm heading over now. :)

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That is Awesome! And yes, like I responded to you on my blog, the cold really did follow you to Texas. :) Good luck settling in. I'm sure Texas will be back to its hot self before long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That awesome! Congrats. And on the move, too. I hope TX treats you well, Jessie.

    ReplyDelete