Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Vomit on the Brain

Following a week of ear infections and vomit, and thereby little sleep, my brain is feeling somewhat zombified. And since I have nothing original to share with you this week, I thought I'd share two things that are definitely not my own.

First-News! My friend, Renee Collins, is agented! Renee was one of my first blogger friends, and is also one of my favorite. She's worked hard for this, and although I've never read her work, I can attest from knowing her that she is brilliant and funny (and gorgeous)(which isn't necessary as a writer, but now she can have a nice picture on her jacket flap when she is published). Plus, I imagine that good talent keeps company. Anyway, go congratulate her!

Second-Read Matched by Ally Condie. I just finished it today, and I loved it! You can see the trailer here (which I think is one of the best book trailers I've seen). It's kind of like Hunger Games and The Giver and Uglies, but in the end it is its own book and more of a love story than the others. It's also a very clean teen read which I'm always ready to recommend. Christmas present anyone?

Now to go eat leftover cake and ice cream. Oh did I tell you? My baby turned one yesterday. Now there is something that definitely is my own.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, happy birthday to the littlest Oliveros! And congrats to Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee! Congrats to Renee. I'll have to pop over there. I can't believe your baby is already one. Wow. How the time zooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, we've been living the same week! Vomit and colds (not quite ear infections, but awfully close!). Hope this next week goes better.

    Congrats to Renee! Very cool.

    And I'm hoping to read Matched soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your baby turning 1! It's a big event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time has flown by. I've almost known you for two years, can you believe that.

    Great news about Renee and Ally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I can't believe your baby is one already! Yay! I plan to pick up Matched on my next Costco run - can't wait to read it. And hurray for Renee!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete