Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Unwanted Book

Remember the Transformers my husband gave our son for his birthday? Well, I gave him a book, among other things. (Yes, he's spoiled rotten.)

I was with my sisters and parents at B&N where I purchased the book, and they thought it was a terrible idea. In fact, they laughed. Yes, it was a little gender specific, but how often are we guilty of buying something for our children because WE wanted it? Well, I wanted this book. (It's a BOOK, I tell you!)

And my husband? Well our conversation went something like this.

Him: "That's not a book."

Me: "Yes, it is."

Him: Take it back.

(But it IS a book! See?)

(For the record, my son liked it for a couple days. Maybe my daughter will appreciate it more.)

12 comments:

  1. That is hilarious, and it would be perfect for keeping them busy at church or wherever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son likes to actually tear apart his "granny's" purse. She might appreciate it if I bought him this book, but I have a feeling he would sniff it out as a complete fraud and resume ripping through grandma's real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've SEEN that book! I thought it was awesome. :) And a boy could enjoy that just as much as any girl. Totally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, that's hillarious. I don't think that's too gender specific. Don't little boys love to dig around in their Grandma's purses too. There's always good stuff in there. Gum, mints, quarters. I'm sure he loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an awesome book and any kid should feel lucky to have a mom who would buy it for her, I mean him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, my Mom and mother-in-law both have that book. :) It's pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great "book." I love that on the amazon page they offer that on Kindle. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't seen that book! Yes, it does look gender specific, but time to break the walls down, I say. Good for you for buying it for him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I need to show that to my mother-in-law. She will want it! (Then I won't have to get it)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahahaha!

    This is too funny. My kids would have loved a book like that!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete