Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Shhhhh...

I'm supposed to be on blogger and book break for the month of July, but I couldn't resist letting you know that I've re-discovered the joy of first drafting. I'm working on a new book to clear my mind before I get back to my rewrite. All I'll say about my newest project is that I wanted it to be about magic and flowers (which it is) but it is turning into a book about cancer and slavery...? I'll tell you more in August.

Disclaimer: No slaves in my book have cancer. I mean what a horrible blow...even for fiction.

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm...from magic and flowers to slaves and cancer?? I can't wait to hear more about that leap!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a leap. Can't wait to read it. Enjoy your break! I'll pretend I didn't see you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that's quite a change. It's like comparing apples and alligators. :) Have fun with the new project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds intersting... I'm wondering how you leapt from one to the other. Ah, the mind of a writer, that explains it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope the magic and flowers are a help in curing that sickness. im happy you came back to say hello and im happy you got started on another book. cant wait to hear lots more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re-discovering the joy. How wonderful! Very happy to hear that.

    ReplyDelete