Saturday, April 10, 2010

Brag

I hate for a whole week to go by without posting. And so, because I'm short on time and inspiration, I'm going to make a short brag list. It is more exciting to me than you, I'm sure, but maybe you'll be a little bit jealous. Which is my goal. To make everyone jealous.

In May I am going to attend an SCBWI workshop on characterization. It is so much more than a workshop, however. It will be my first time alone and away from both children for more than two hours.

In June I am attending a Supernatural Summer event which is actually coming HERE, to Kansas of all places. And only twenty minutes from where I live. I'll get to meet Aprilynne Pike. Hers was one of the first blogs I came across when I started writing and blogging over a year ago, and she has been a great source of inspiration. Plus, she writes lovely books.

Last week I attended a fundraising event at church, and purchased five hours of website design for only $30. I'm not sure whether to redeem this now or later. It seems kind of early in my writer development for an actual website.

So in a couple months I will characterize better, own a signed copy of Spells, and possibly have a website. There is nothing more exciting...except maybe finishing a book. And finding an agent to represent the book. And selling the book. Hopefully you'll read that list someday.

9 comments:

  1. Those are definitely things to make someone jealous about! I know I am. But just a little. :o)

    I love your blog, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little jealous, too. ;) All three of those sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great list! I'm a little jealous, indeed. :)

    Next year, I'm sure you'll be posting that second one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, totally jealous! Great stuff happening for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, successful post because I'm feeling some twinges of jealousy. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool things on the horizon! I'm excited for ya especially that you get to have a little break at that conference. I could use one of those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new website is very exciting! I'm desperately hoping to redesign mine someday very soon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. We were tied for a few days, but sadly I just pulled ahead of you again. You know what I'm talking about. :) Sorry, but the theme of your post was bragging! I felt compelled to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOO HOO! Congratulations on all of these, but ESPECIALLY on your upcoming alone time! :)

    ReplyDelete