Friday, March 26, 2010

Adorably Brilliant

This is my 100th blog post! I'm sure I'm supposed to do something to celebrate, but I'm all out of chocolate poo.

Instead, I'm going to refer you to an incredible book I just finished. I took a break from the paranormal and checked out Ally Carter's Heist Society last week. It is adorable, brilliant, adorably brilliant.



I put this one at the top of my list with Hunger Games. It has been optioned for a movie, and I'm very excited. This book was so refreshing after reading about six or seven stale books in a row. Ally Carter writes so well, the dialogue is amazing, and the plot is so together. No plot holes. None.

One thing that Ally Carter does so well is switch between the omniscient POV and third-person POV (Katarina). She wrote in her blog that she thought of it as a movie while she was writing it, and it does read a lot like a movie. It's very fast-paced. I stayed up finishing it last night, and I haven't done that for awhile.

Just a quick synopsis: Katarina Bishop was born a thief and raised a thief, but her thieving life wears on her. So she does what any thieving girl would do-she steals a normal life. This backfires, and she's thrown back into her "heist society" when her dad's life is on the line. You find this all out within the first few pages, and the rest of the book is a lot like Ocean's Eleven and Italian Job. But not. It's very original. I HIGHLY recommend it. READ IT.

9 comments:

  1. I just picked this up at the bookstore! I'm a huge Ally Carter fan. If you have read her other series, go pick it up. It's adorable and fun and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by have...I mean haven't. Oops

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one sitting on my bookshelf, shining beautifull, calling out to me, but I haven't had the time to read it.
    I really need to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 100 posts!

    I love the storyline. It sounds very interesting, I'm adding it to my TBR list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the "love you/kill you" series. So fun! It's nice once and a while to read a book in one big gulp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool. Ally Carter is on my list of authors I'm going to read this year so I might pick this title and see how I go.

    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 100th!!

    And I love the cover of this book. It reminds me of an Audrey Hepburn gone bad.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this book too! Such a fun read. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds intriguing - and you rate it up there with the Hunger Games? Guess I'd better check it out. Congrats on the 100th post.

    ReplyDelete