Monday, January 4, 2010

Hello 2010!

I have been thinking about this blog post for awhile, as it is my first post after so long. However, my brain resembles the spit-up and poop I have been cleaning up the last few weeks. In the end, I thought I'd go down the same avenue as everyone else and discuss goals for 2010.

I guess I'm about four days late. And to be honest, most of my goals are spiritual and family oriented. I did have one crazy writing goal of having my rewrite done by Valentine's Day. See, Valentine's Day one year ago was the day I had my Idea. (Although technically it was not Valentine's Day because my husband and I celebrate Valentine's Day a week early every year to beat the crowds. Very unromantic, but roses are so much cheaper.)

After a few days, I realized just how not possible it was for me to achieve this goal. So I sat back and evaluated my manuscript in search of a better goal. And then I was inspired. I will have the same goal as my MC, Tess. What better way to empathize with the character I have created? So here it is:

Save the world.

Wish me luck.

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad your making reasonable resolutions. I wouldn't want to see you tackle anything too big! Best of luck saving the world, Jessie - we're with you all the way! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I seen that you had a writing goal. Thought we might be able to encourage one another in completing the goal. I have been writing for years - have 1 fantasy novel complete, and 12 children books - but nothing published. Have not really tried to publish them either though. Now, I am working on a romance fantasy novel...hoping it will be my first published.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL Good luck honey!! Although, keeping up with spit up and poop is definitely one step closer to the saving the world part. I mean, could you imagine? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I left you an award on my blog on 12/17. I don't know if you ever saw that, since you've had better baby things to do. :)

    I love that baby picture - OMG adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have seen The Incredibles haven't you? Are you sure you want a cape? I want the spandex that makes you look like you've lost two sizes and black, it has to be black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back.

    And even if you can't make the deadline, if you keep working on it, you'll be a lot closer to the end on Valentine's than you would if you didn't. (that sentence makes no sense.)

    You can do it!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I didn't see that last line coming!

    I hope your family is doing good and that Baby starts sleeping through the night soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jessica-Actually baby is a good sleeper, which surprises me since she has reflux. She will sleep 5 hours at a time. However, she and my son have not yet coordinated their sleeping times well. They need to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck!Next year don't limit yourself so much, though. There's a whole universe out there... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is that all you want to do? But what are you going to do for the other eleven months of the year after you've accomplished that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wouldn't consider celebrating Valentine's day early as "unromantic." If you are with the one you love and you two truly shed all your cares and worries to make room for a swelling of your love for each other, then I think that no matter where you are, it will be romantic, because it's the idea, not the delivery. But that's just me :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, must be a boy thing then :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, but if you had more than one sidekick, think of what you could accomplish.

    You don't know Elena Tillman, do you?

    ReplyDelete