Thursday, November 5, 2009

PRETTY IN INK

Meet my writer's group, Pretty in Ink. Our motto is "We Slash the Trash." Our mascot is...oh wait, we don't have one yet. But I really like the Geico gecko. Are we allowed to have the gecko?

Patti Nielson writes young adult. She is moments away from querying her first book, which I read and loved. If an agent doesn't grab it, I think I will cry a little. She lives in Canada near the fairy-tale-sounding town of Banff, plays soccer like a madwoman, and has three children who say funny things.

Lois Moss also writes young adult. She is a girl from the south and has four children, two of whom she homeschools. (I think this makes her Supermom.) She studied Latin and French in college and used to teach. You may also know her as lotusgirl.

Beth Mann writes women's fiction. She also hails from the south. Beth is the mother of two young children, and her husband is a tech geek which we all know must come in handy as a writer. She gets to go to Starbucks and write sometimes which makes me jealous.

I'm very excited to finally have a writer's group. These are the ladies that are going to help make me into something better!

12 comments:

  1. And it's true. Your writer's group should not only encourage you but be honest and helpful. They will become your best allies. I love my writer's group. Isn't it great that we can be in writer's groups even when we are spread all across the globe? It's awesome. Good luck to all of you. I know Patti and Lois (well, by "know" I mean through blogging) but haven't "met" Beth yet. I'll have to drop into her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a sharp group of ladies. I think Beth is my twin. Slash away and make great stories. Meanwhile, my mascot might be a squirrel, b/c sometimes I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I'd be jealous too. Heeheee. You sound like you have a wonderful group to work with. :-) I love your name too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great group!!

    Slash the Trash!! Love it.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great group! It has a great name and a great group of writers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the name! I'm supposed to be meeting with a writing group I got hooked up with through SCBWI next Sunday. I think it will be very helpful for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slash the Trash! I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new group! Having other writers to work with really helps your own writing. I just joined a crit group this week, and I've learned so much from them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And we slash the trash better than anybody. So excited to be part of this group.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mascot, my first thought was a nice pink bunny, but that doesn't really represent slashing the trash, maybe we could have a ninja as a mascot instead of an animal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melane-see I didn't forget you! You are new to Critland, too? I hope your group works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Writer's groups are the best. I LOVE the motto. I've been slashing trash all week! And then I rewrite it only to slash half of it again. I'm at about 80% non-refuse, 20% still to be slashed in my current edit.

    ReplyDelete