I don't even listen to the radio in the car, and while I like to say it is because I am listening to my son talk, I'm more certain it is because in movies devastating car accidents happen with a soundtrack. If I eliminate the soundtrack, I will never get into a devastating car accident.
So, instead I will list seven musical things about me, which is probably cheating.
1) I don't ever listen to music. In case you didn't know.2) I was in choir in high school. I got to wear these awesome shiny teal dresses with puffy sleeves that I think were designed for our high school choir in the 80's.
3) I was in musicals in high school. Mostly chorus roles, but a few minor roles. My most memorable moment was during the Potiphar dance when I twirled the cane right out of my hands, sending it clattering across the stage, and having to force a smile the rest of the dance while I danced cane-less.
3 1/2) That makes me a choir/drama geek in high school.
4) One of the first times my husband saw me I was singing...a solo...in front of hundreds of people (mostly teenagers). Yes, I did mess up by stumbling over a few words, and I'm sure it was because my subconscious and my husband's subconscious were too busy ogling each other.
5) I do like the Les Mis soundtrack. And besides the fact that it stirs something in the very core of my soul, I like it because my husband, who is a man's man, knows every word. He belts it out in the car (he listens to music in the car), vibrato and everything, which is more endearing than soul-stirring, but wonderful.
6) I love Irish music. We even had an Irish band play at our wedding reception. And I guess if I have to list any artist on this post it would be Connie Dover, who grew up in Weston, Missouri, a town nearby that I love.
7) I watched two seasons of American Idol. Starting last year I gave it up because it took too much time. However, I will always have a special place in my heart for David Cook because he's from Blue Springs, Missouri where I lived from baby to five years. And he's adorable.
And now I suppose I need to tag others. Only I've kind of morphed the tag into something unrecognizable. So I will copy Kasie and tag anyone who loves music. Or musical things. Actually, I'd love to find someone who also never listens to music, and then we can be friends.
By the way, once a long time ago Kasie gave me an award, and I never acknowledged it on my blog or passed it on, but I think it is because I was perpetually pukey or maybe somewhere in another country near the Baltic Sea. I don't remember what it was for, though...probably "Best Blog Ever Award" or "I Want To Be You Award." Just mentioning it now so Kasie knows there is no blog-love lost on her, even though I am already on a multiple number of her hate lists.