Friday, September 4, 2009

What a Week!

It has been a very busy week. I had to move old tenants out of House We Cannot Sell, get House ready, move tenants into House...all while being sick and tending to a sick child. THEN, add the whole my-son-erasing-part-of-my-book debacle a few days ago. Should have been the perfect recipe for an unproductive week in writing, right?

Incredibly, WRONG!

This has been the most productive week for me probably ever. I was set back a couple of days when I had to rewrite the 5000 my son deleted. (I only came up with 4400 words, though, on my rewrite-hopefully those 600 words were not very important.) But look! Book Number Two (the one that I love) is kicking Book Number One's butt. (Can I say 'butt' on my blog?)

What better way to end a productive writing week than to win a contest?! I won (well...runner-up) Natalie's contest to create a metaphor with orange. And I win a black-and-white picture drawn by Natalie of a scene from my book. I'm very excited.

And for more blog-love: aside from having awesome contests, Natalie is now the proud client of Nathan Bransford. (Whew, that was a lot of links.) Wow. Awe. Most of you blog with Natalie and already know this, but there are a few that may be unaware of Natalie's supremacy.

Now back to the writing board.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how it works that way sometimes? Maybe it's that our minds click into Must-Get-Things-Done mode, and extra writing is a pleasant bi product.

    Well, keep going strong! You've broke the 10,000 word mark! That's big! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've been really busy.

    As far as those missing words, well, you just made the book tighter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AWESOME that you've had such a great week with your writing!!! And you will love love love Natalie's drawing for you. I still have her picture of my Catarina character taped up by my computer. I look at it all the time to get inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohooo! Sounds great to me. :-) Congrats for being runner-up and I'm glad everything else is working out. How's the pregnancy going?
    I'm sorry you guys were sick but hope you're feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti-It was a good chapter! And I'm looking forward to more next week...if you don't happen to submit it before I'm done.

    Shelley-Hi! 8 years, wow. That takes a different kind of courage. The 5000 was still pretty fresh on my mind when I rewrote it so it wasn't hard.

    butt.

    Renee-A very pleasant bi-product, and the 10,000 word mark is big? Woo-eee!

    Ron-Hi again! I'm sure you are right-in the long run, if I didn't remember those words they were probably unnecessary. That's likely what my son thought when he deleted it..."tighten, Mommy, tighten."

    Heidi-You can be jealous of my writing week, and I will be jealous of you being a published author in a few months. Mutual jealousy is definitely healthy.

    Jessica-Pregnancy is going well, except that when you are sick and pregnant, sickness likes to stay longer. But really, I'm in the most comfortable part right now before I get tooo big. By then Muse may think there is little room for both him AND baby, so I need hurry up and write!

    ReplyDelete