Monday, September 7, 2009

Changes

Look! 25% done! It's official. Book Number Two is definitely winning. So much that I just deblogged Book Number One completely. Maybe I'll revisit it later but right now there is only room in my life for one book.

I even blog-published my book title: Untelling the Maya. Blip yet to come.

I have mentioned my "Maya" book in the past, but after two unsuccessful starts, I gave it up. Really, on my second start I was pregnant sick, thus associating all things during those few months (including Bedtime Stories, Baltic Cruises, and yes, my book) with puke-ness.

However, after I started a third time something happened. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the mist that has been hanging over Kansas lately, but I managed to write almost all of my book thus far in a little over a week. So I am hoping -maybe praying a little- that this goodness continues.

For more blog changes. I am prepared to follow and be followed. (Renee wrote a great post last week about just the same thing.) I've never done either. Now I am posting my followers, and actually "following" blogs for real. Time to get on the bandwagon.

And see my statmeter? I haven't decided if I want to keep it ON my blog yet, but it makes me feel special. And since I don't know my IP address, every time I visit my own blog, it looks like a visit. I'm very popular.

And one more change I've been considering, but it is slightly more expensive than blog changes...my ibook is old, seven years to be exact. I bought it because I wanted to write, and it took me all of its good life to get into writing. Poor, poor ibook. Maybe I need a new computer, but maybe I'm poor.

Has anyone used the Netbook yet? It's much cheaper than a laptop, but the keyboard looks cramped and my fingers may not love it very much.

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on the book. That's awesome. I feel the same way about followers, maybe I'll bite the bullet and follow people and list followers. Very brave.

    I would love a new computer, but money is an issue as well. I'm saving for a macbook though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all those words! yay! I can really only write one book at a time. I can edit sometimes while I write, but not often. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to the blogger jungle :)

    netboosk i think would be good travel tools but I dont think i could use one all the time. I can only imagine getting "the claw" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting. Writing or finishing a book in a week. What a dream! I need a babysitter for that to happen. Still dreaming. :D
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti-Yes, unfortunately a new laptop is very expensive. I really want to give this ibook another chance but sometimes it will randomly freeze or blank out on me. It needs to be put to rest.

    Natalie-Thanks for the encouragement. I'm glad you are a one-book kind of girl, too. You know, us loyal types.

    Jessica-You can go on anonymously following me, as long as I hear from you :)

    Shelli-That is a good description-the claw. I don't think the claw would be wired to my brain quite the same way and then inspiration would not come so freely.

    Wendy-Hi! Well, it's exciting, but I didn't actually write the book in a week, just a quarter of it. So my crazy hope is that if I wrote that much in a week, can I finish in a MONTH?? We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have moved into full-steam mode, it appears! Good for you! I'm so impressed.

    I'm more of a plodder, I fear. But I love being motivated by those of you who can spill so many words in such a short time!

    Woo Hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the word jump! How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when I have a super productive week. There's no better feeling than making massive headway on your book. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm currently trying to remember if netbooks are the ones that only access the internet and can't really have Microsoft Office (as in Word--eek) installed on them... I would research this if I were you.

    And WOW! I'm so jealous of all your productivity. Guess I better put all this envy to use and start writing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats congrats! I haven't used the Notebook, but let us know what you decide to do. I'd love to get my own laptops someday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How about one of those Neo things? Have you heard of them? They can't do the Internet but they are very portable.

    http://www.neo-direct.com/default.aspx

    And congrats for your fast book writin'.
    That's awesome and I'm jealous.

    The book I have out to agents now took two years off and on, but the new one I've just started is going really smoothly and I want to finish it as quickly as possible. Of course, I will have to go back and edit and do another draft, but still, just to complete one in record time must be a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete