Friday, April 24, 2009

Dear Bloggers,

My MC is very upset that lately I spend more time with you than with her. And she is right.

No, I don't like you less. The problem is I like you too much. I just think it is better this way. And we should just be friends.

Really, it is all your fault. Your blogs are too wonderful, but they are also a little evil because they lure me in with their wit and cleverness and insightfulness.

I blog because I write, and lately I blog instead of write.

And due to those small constraints of being a mother and wife, I find I don't have much time to write OR blog to begin with.

So my MC and I have struck a deal. If I post and visit blogs only twice a week, she has promised to cooperate with my muse to help create a novel.

And when the MC calls, there is not much I can do.

Yours respectfully,

ME

6 comments:

  1. LOL I hear you. :-) I've thought a lot about if I ever get published, because when I do, I won't be able to spend as much time reading blogs. I like your idea alot and might copy it someday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think that happens to all of us at one point. The blogging world is too much fun. Good for you for setting some parameters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLOL! I LOVE THIS! It's so awesome! And you shall be sorely missed--except, yeah, better watch out for demaning MC's! Grr! LOL! Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie-Yes, my husband thinks I'm addicted. But his vice is playing Resident Evil (after my son has gone to bed) so we are even.

    Shelli-I can never compete with you. You do research and then blog your research.

    Jenni-I'll be around, just less. I'm not going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, hey, I just posted on this VERY thing. I agree. Do what you need. Prioritize. And we ALL understand. I, for one, will not disappear. And I appreciate less posts. It makes it easier on everybody I think. Quality over quantity. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, we are sooooo on the same wave-length. My plate is overflowing with strawberries.

    ReplyDelete